Thursday 20 January 2011

We're off to see the Tutor, the wonderful Tutor of Art!

Back to college. The noise of the cafeteria crowd busily mussing over their lunches and concepts. The pitter and patter of rather large (both in volume and size) feet trotting up and down the corridors, stairs and walkways:- everyone of them busy, everyone of them looking for things, everyone of them a possible competitive future force on the arts market.

Having gotten back it seems I am more confused about what my art is about than before. Or perhaps I am simply confusing being a good artist with getting a good grade. Today my awesome tutor, lets call him Bave Deech, said something inspirationally insightful. He said that we have to go through the marking criteria, but that it does not have to impact our art. If it does we will inevitably become institutionalised artists.

Also quite recently, I have lately merged my diary and artist sketchbook together. Previously, I had consciously avoided doing this on several occasions as I was mindful of tutors (and curious friends who might unashamedly grab the book without asking) reading my thoughts. Afterall, who really wants to read the rants about my latest love interest, the pros and cons to confronting a friend about her rather annoying habit of clicking her tongue when she is speaking, and why my mother is or is not the root of my problems. Even I am bored. Besides that, all of this is personal. God forbid that the tutors know about my real life outside the school.

The fact of the matter is, all these things: my therapy, my internal struggles, my resolutions, and the thoughts about everyday life, they all feed my art. Be it directly or otherwise. Which brings me onto my next point.....

To be personal or not to be personal?

I am considering/am in the process of/ have decided to make a project about romantic relationships. I have not decided how to yet do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment